Course: Business Etiquette
This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and 'the handshake', conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let's face it: we've all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette course will help participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation.
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression
- Understand how to use a business card effectively
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners
- Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Understanding Etiquette
Module Three: Networking for Success
Module Four: The Meet and Greet
Module Five: The Dining in Style
Module Six: Eating Out
|Module Seven: Business Email Etiquette
Module Eight: Telephone Etiquette
Module Nine: The Written Letter
Module Ten: Dressing for Success
Module Eleven: International Etiquette
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Duration: 2-3 hours
Target Audience: All
NOTE: To qualify for your official BestCorporateAcademy certificate you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or higher before you can purchase your certificate.