Workshop: Interpersonal Skills
We've all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. Participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills workshop will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. They will also identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions.
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Verbal Communication Skills
Module Three: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
Module Four: Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
Module Five: Moving the Conversation Along
Module Six: Remembering Names
|Module Seven: Influencing Skills
Module Eight: Bringing People to Your Side
Module Nine: Sharing Your Opinion
Module Ten: Negotiation Basics
Module Eleven: Making An Impact
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Duration: 2 Days
Target Audience: All